Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tis the Season

I couldn't wait to put the tree topper on top of the tree. I insisted on doing this before we got a single ornament on the tree. 

Fixing the ornaments on the bottom so they are perfect. 

Concentrating very hard on my ornaments (you can tell because I am sticking out my tongue)


Sitting with Santa. I was unsure at first and then got better but then Sophia got scared and that made me a little unsure again. I stayed strong and was brave for both Sophia and Peyton. If you recall, last year I wouldn't get within 5 feet of him without crying.

Sisters sitting on Santa's lap. You can see very clearly here that Peyton has on two adorable red shoes (I do too of course), however, not even 1 minute after this 1 was missing and we never found it. Somehow Peyton kicked that cute little shoe somewhere where even Santa couldn't find it. Santa got up off his chair and looked around and even looked in his boot but still no little red shoe. Mommy says we are going to have to make the remaining shoe into a Christmas ornament since they were from Nordstroms and the first time Peyton wore them was for this picture :) Oh well, at least we both look cute in the picture. 
In front of the Christmas tree at the zoo in our fancy fur coats. 

Mommy has a fascination with putting Peyton in things and so she already put her in a present as soon as the tree was set up. Doesn't she make for a cute gift?

I love Christmas so much that I couldn't wait another day for Mommy and Daddy to get the decorations out. I was begging for a week to have them out because all of the stores we go to have had theirs out for months. I just couldn't understand why Mommy was making me wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate our house when the mall decorated their stores a long time ago. Anyway, the day after Thanksgiving we woke up and spent the whole morning decorating. It was so much fun. I just love taking out all of the ornaments. I would look at them and show them to Peyton and then find the perfect spot on the tree for them. I get to pick out an ornament from every vacation spot so it was fun to find all of the ones we picked out this year....Hilton Head, Siesta Key, Disney World. I didn't get one from Lake Norris this year - so we are going to have to see if they have those next year. The tree was getting a little heavy with ornaments on the bottom so Mommy and Daddy moved some up to balance it out. 

To complete our Christmas decorating day, we all went to sit on Santa's lap. I was scared but I was very brave for Peyton and Sophia and sat down on his lap. I even told him what I want for Christmas....a pink diary and a pink pen. Mommy asked me what I was going to do with a diary and I told her I was going to write a letter in it like this:
    "Dear Jordan, How was your day. I love you. Love, Jordan"
I hope that I am a good girl and Santa brings me my diary and pink pen. I have an elf named Prince that watches me every day and at night he reports back to the North Pole and tells Santa how I was that day. Then he comes back to our house and sits down in a new spot to watch me. I can't wait to find him each morning when I wake up. I check on him throughout the day and I even go talk to him sometimes so he doesn't get too lonely. Most of all, I am very good when he can see me so that he gives a good report back to Santa. 

Well, I hope you are all getting in the Christmas spirit too. Tomorrow is December 1st and I get to start opening all of my advent calendars! I can't wait.

Love,
Jordan

No comments: