Saturday, December 3, 2011

Peyton is 6 Months Old!

6 Months old! Jordan says that means I am halfway to my first birthday party which apparently is a big deal and something to look forward to.

Newborn, 3, 6, 12 Onesie's - I am just finally started to fit in the 6 month onesie. 
I am so much bigger than Jordan's dolls now. In fact, the doll on the right is wearing one of my preemie outfits. Can you believe just 6 months ago I was that small?
Mommy thought just for comparisons sake she should stick me back in Jordans play crib. The problem is I don't exactly fit anymore. Here I am at 6 months......

and here I was at 1 week. I have really grown a lot in 6 short months.
I can now tripod sit and get better every day. This is from last week, but now I can push myself all the way up. I can sit by myself for a few minutes before toppling over. 

I also like to lay on my tummy and push myself up as far as I can so that I can see all of my toys.


Well, time has really flown by. I am already 6 months old and have tripled my body weight. I weigh 13 lbs. 14oz (8%) and am 24.5 in. long (9%). My head is still the biggest part of my body and is in the 31st percentile. I am laughing and smiling every time I get attention (even if it is just from Maggie) and I really love to play with my toys. I am reaching for them and putting them in my mouth. I watch everything, but my favorite thing to watch is Jordan. I watch her every move and am just fascinated by all that she is able to do. Mommy says someday I will get to do all of those things too. Jordan is especially excited to feed me her own food someday, but for now enjoys mixing up my oatmeal and feeding me my prunes, sweet potatoes, peas and squash. The doctor says I can start trying some fruits now too so I am pretty excited by that. Some really exciting news for Mommy and Daddy is that I am starting to get really good at sleeping through the night. I just need a little extra snack at 10pm and then I can make it until 7pm. 

6 months flew by so fast and Mommy had so much fun with Jordan and I but now her maternity leave is over and she is starting to go back to work 4 days a week. I think she is pretty sad about it, but I am already having fun with my grandma's watching me and I even get to have my very own playmate 2 days a week with my nanny and her baby. So - I think it should be pretty fun. Mommy has only been to work 1 day so far, and I did great. I didn't cry at all the whole day and when she came home I gave her the biggest smile in the world. It made her day (that's why I always smile at her). 

Love,

Peyton
 


No comments: