Monday, November 21, 2011

My first dance class with my good friend Caitlin. Don't you just love our matching leg warmers? 
Last week I had my very first dance class. I am taking Baby Ballet with my friend Caitlin and so far it is my favorite class I have taken in my whole entire life! What is not to like about dancing? I get to wear a pretty leotard and tutu, tights, leg warmers, ballet shoes and a pretty pink bow. I also have my good friend Caitlin in my class so we have so much fun dancing together.   On my first night of class when I got to the building I saw Caitlin sitting on the bench all the way down the hall and I ran down the hall yelling "Caitlin, I here" and we had a big hug (and almost fell over as usual).

When we first started the class, my teacher told each of us to sit on a green piece of tape while we took turns doing ballet moves.  I learned to do the Alligator Song, the marching song, the jumping song and a few others.  It was so much fun to spin in circles and watch my leotard flow like a beautiful princess dress.  The teacher also taught us some real ballerina positions, so far I have learned first position and second position. The teacher tell us first position is when your heels kiss and hold your arms like you are holding a baby.  When she tells us to kiss our heals I bend over and try to kiss my feet.  Daddy thinks that is hysterical and so do we.  After each of our moves I run over to see Mommy and Daddy and give them big hugs and collect some high fives from the peanut gallery.

At the end of the class the teacher tried to teach me a Aribesk which is when you stand on one foot and lean over lifting your other foot into the air and make airplane arms.  It is really hard, but I am starting to get the hang of it (with a little help from my teacher to balance) and after we try our Aribesk everyone claps and we get stickers!

I love being a ballerina with the leotard, leg warmers, special shoes, and of course stickers.  I will keep posting videos of my progress so you can watch me become a virtuoso.  

Love,

Jordan

No comments: