Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Siesta Key

After 5 days in Disney World, there was nothing we needed more than a vacation from our vacation so we headed down to Siesta Key for some fun in the ocean and relaxation on the beach. It was just what we needed after all of the fun we had in the theme parks. When we got there a little boy gave us all of his sand toys as he was going home. Peyton and I couldn't believe it - so many toys to play with. The best part of it was that he included a boogie board in his gift to us and I figured out how to use that right away. Peyton was a little apprehensive the first day on the beach. She did not want her toes (or any other part of her body) touching the sand and definitely didn't want to dip them in the water. She warmed up to the idea of the beach and ocean the next day which made it a little easier to spend the day on the beach.

Mommy - pick me up. I don't like this sand.

In my own little ocean world playing with me characters.

Dancing for my characters on the beach. 

We got to go see Mommy's aunt and uncle who live in Sarasota. They have an awesome pool that we got to swim in. I actually swam all the way across it by myself! 


Mommy's aunt and uncle have this huge tree in their yard that is just beautiful and great for climbing. I kept wanting to go higher but this is as high as Daddy let me go. 
BOOGIE BOARDING IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

Daddy helping me catch a wave!




Dancing on the beach - seriously, I could do this all day long.

YAY - Peyton is standing in the sand. She loved all of the sea gulls and kept feeding them leftover crackers so they would stay around (Mommy and Daddy were not fans of this plan).

Building a castle city





Peyton loved being thrown into the air.


Daddy throwing me in the air (I can do a full flip now)

Looking for sea shells



Teamwork!



On the hunt for shells together. 

Add caption


The best part about our vacation was how much time Peyton and I got to spend together. We really became friends and Mommy and Daddy said the change in our relationship was amazing to watch. We slept in the same room so we got to stay up late and talk to each other. I would read a book to Peyton and Peyton would tell me a story. This picture is of some snuggle time in bed together - we just loved hanging out in bed. It was always the perfect end to a great day.

No comments: