Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Day of School

I had my first day of school on Monday. Can you believe I am so grown up that I get to go to school? I just love it there. The teachers are so nice and I have made lots of friends. Mommy and Daddy dropped me off together my first day and I walked right in to play with the turtles. The teacher even let me feed them. There was so much to look at so Mommy and Daddy followed me around to help me with some of my "work" (I go to Montessori school so we call all of our toys and activities "work") and then they said Bye Bye. I barely even looked up but I did say BYE and I never turned around after them. Daddy said Mommy cried in the parking lot afterwards, but I don't know why. I am doing so good there and learning a lot from the other kids. Mommy came to pick me up and I didn't want to go home. Why would I when it is so much fun? Today I made some artwork and brought it home for Mommy and Daddy. They have it hanging in the kitchen. Mommy was a little worried about the napping situation, but I once again proved that I am now a big girl and slept on a cot all by myself just like the other kids. My favorite room by far is the food room. They have food out all the time that I can eat. They make me get my own plate and bowl and serve myself. Mommy was shocked this morning when I put my own Cheerios in the bowl. Don't worry - I didn't pour the milk, but I am hoping to get to do that before long. I'll keep you updated on how school is going, but for now it is great!

Here are my turtles at school. There are 2 of them and they are very active.
Mommy snuck up on me when she picked me up to take this picture. I was playing in the pool and riding a bike. Here I was getting off to go talk to one of my new friends.

Last weekend we went to Lake Norris with BeBop and Pop. We had fun on the boat. I was a real trooper. We went for a 3 hour boat ride and I did great. Mommy and Daddy brought a bucket of water and some toys in the boat and that kept me happy. I got to watch everyone ski. Can you believe that even my BeBop and Pop ski? I was pretty impressed. At the very end, I even ventured out into the lake with Daddy. It look a little encouragement, but then I went on out and realized it isn't so bad. Good thing I don't know there are fish in that water, I probably wouldn't have gone in it if I knew that.
Daddy's getting pretty good at skiing.




YAY I made it off the swim platform and into the lake.
Boating is tiring and I fell asleep right on Mommy. BeBop is in the background about to go for a ski. I slept through the whole thing.

No comments: