Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas




Wow - a week ago today I was having a blast celebrating my first Thanksgiving. I got to spend almost the whole day with Grandma and Grandpa Finck. We played and played and then I went over to Daddy's aunt and uncles house for my first real turkey dinner. There were a lot more people there with all of Daddy's cousins and of course Aunt Kristen and Uncle Robert which meant I had an audience to show off for. All of that showing off wore me out and I was rubbing my eyes at 6:00 when we sat down for dinner. The first taste of turkey and stuffing really perked me up. That stuff is pretty tasty. No more mush for me. I want the real stuff from now on. But then I had a full belly and was in bed by 7:00 - pretty early for me.
The next day Mommy and Daddy introduced me to this holiday they call Christmas. It is already my favorite holiday because there are so many fun things you get to do for it. We went to the zoo for the Festival of Lights and I just loved all of the little lights. They had them in all colors and all I wanted to do was touch them. They also had this enormous Christmas tree with big shiny balls on it. I couldn't really figure them out. They were really pretty (and I was allowed to touch these). Mommy and Daddy got all excited about me sitting on this man's lap (picture above). I don't get what all of the excitement was about. They are always making other people hold me so I am not sure why this was different. This man was dressed pretty funny and he had a lot of hair on his face so I just stared at him. They say I will be more excited about him next year....we'll see.
I have started wearing my Christmas jammies (which are pretty cute if I do say so myself) and I have some Christmas outfits I have gotten to wear too. It sounds like we have more Christmas activities this weekend, so we are really getting into this whole spirit of Christmas thing.
Hope you are all starting to get into the holiday season too.
Love
Jordan

No comments: