Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peyton is 3 Months Old!




I had my official 3 month doctor appointment today and my doctor says I am still doing really well. I now weigh 10 lbs. 10.5oz. (15%) and am 22 and 1/4 inches long (10%). My head continues to grow faster than the rest of me and is now 15 and 1/2 inches around (40%). I moved up in all of the percentages, but had the biggest jump in my head growth. I guess I grew a lot of brains last month. My third month was a fun one. I now smile whenever I get attention which just keeps the attention coming. I am always a happy baby, but now am happiest when I sit up. I love to see the world around me and watch all of the people. I especially always have my eye on Jordan. I have slept through the night a few times, but am not consistent. I want to do it so bad because it makes Mommy and Daddy so happy, but sometimes I am just too hungry to go back to sleep. The doctor told Mommy to increase my bottles to 5 oz so maybe that will help. I am also trying very hard to roll over. I throw my legs back and forth and can get all the way over on my side but then I get stuck. Mommy keeps putting me on my tummy because supposedly I will roll from front to back first, but I am not getting very far on my tummy. I can however, lift my head up very high while on my tummy. My last new development this month is that I have started grabbing things with my hands. I like to hold onto my bottle while I am eating and I even hold my own pacifier in my mouth. Mommy says both of these skills have the potential to be a great help, but right now I need a little practice as I have a tendency to pull my pacifier out and knock my bottle to the ground. I am only 3 months old, so I will get it soon enough.

Well, I gotta go try to sleep through the night. Keep your fingers crossed that I am full enough to make it until morning!

Love
Peyton

No comments: