Sunday, February 7, 2010

Updates Galore!


Wow - I have a ton of updates for all of you since we last talked. I'll start with me first. I had my 1 year check-up this past week and wow was my doctor happy with my progress. It seems I am doing really well in the growing area. Guess how much I weighed...22 lbs! That is in the 70th percentile. Mommy said she was surprised I didn't weigh more because my belly is pretty chubby (she loves it). Well, we found out the reason I don't weigh more, it is because I am so tall. I am 33 and 1/2 inches tall. That is the 90th percentile. I don't know what I have been eating to make me grow, but I went from the 60th percentile to the 90th in only 3 months. My head is still in the 70th percentile. Daddy says it has to be big to hold my big brains. My doctor thought I was doing well in all of the developmental areas. He was particularly impressed that I can identify my head and tummy. Other news that my doctor didn't evaluate but Mommy and Daddy are pretty proud of are some of my new words. I can say ball, bye, night night, dada, mama (but not as often as dada) and the big one is...... I love you. Mommy and Daddy just melt when I say it. Now I know you are saying it is crazy that a 1 year old is saying I love you, but when Mommy and Daddy say it to me I just copy what they say and say it right back. I need some work on enunciating but it is I love you nonetheless.

The other big update is that our house is getting really close to being complete (if you call another 1.5 months close). We went over to see it today and it looks so good. We have 3 sides of our house bricked - so only the front is left to do. Our walls are painted. Mine is the prettiest. It is pink. I don't know why Mommy didn't paint the whole house that color. It is just so pretty. We have tile in the bathrooms and trim along the floor. We even have doors inside the house now. It is very fun to see it now that it is safe. I like to walk around and look out of all of the windows. Today, I was looking outside our kitchen window and I spotted a deer in our backyard. Can you believe it? Maggie is going to have a friend to play with in our backyard. Mommy and Daddy went to look at the deer I was pointing to and it turns out it was really 4 deer. It is like a petting zoo in my backyard!

Love,
Jordan


I love reading books so much I just decided I should break in the kitchen early and cracked open a good book right in the middle of the floor.
Here are my deer in our backyard from our kitchen window. Maggie is going to be so excited when she discovers her new friends.
You can see the brick coming around the left side of the house. I can't wait until they get it on the front so we can actually see what the house is going to look like! (Can you believe Mommy and I have matching coats?)
Be careful Daddy! Daddy and I are upstairs and Mommy is in the family room taking the picture. We will all be happy when we have the banister up. It is a little scary without it and I am not aloud to walk upstairs until it is finished. My room is the doorway right behind me.
Here is my pretty pink room! I love it!
Either Mommy and Daddy's shower is really big or I am really small. Then again I am in the 90th percentile on height, so I guess the shower is just big.

No comments: