Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hilton Head 2009

Daddy and I swimming in the pool. We had so much fun!

Aunt Kristen, Grandma Bruce, Grandpa Bix, Daddy and me on the beach. 
Aunt Kristen and I at the Salty Dog (Uncle Robert is taking the picture)
Taking a stroll on the beach. I loved it!
Grandma Bruce and Grandpa Bix at the Salty Dog
Just sitting on the beach. I am quite the beach babe. 
Mommy and Me - Mommy says this would be the perfect picture if Daddy were in it. Don't you just love my smile?
Playing in the sand. I can't make sand castles yet - maybe next year. 
Maggie and Reese bringing their toys out of the pool. They did this for hours each day. 


Hi Everyone
Sorry it has been so long since I last wrote, but I was on vacation in Hilton Head so I was a little too busy for blogging. I got back yesterday, so hopefully this blog will do justice to my wonderful trip. I was in Hilton Head with Grandma Bruce and Grandpa Bix, Aunt Kristen and Uncle Robert, and of course Mommy and Daddy and Maggie too. We had such a wonderful time. I got to swim every day. We had a pool right at our house so I could wake up from my nap and just jump in the pool. Ok - so I can't jump yet, but I can kick my feet and hang out in my little boat. I can even go under water. It is scary - but I don't cry. Mommy and Daddy say that is because I am a water baby. I also swam in the ocean, but I didn't like the waves this time as much as in Sanibel. I guess I am getting more scared in my old age of 5 and a half months. This was my third time at the ocean, but my first time seeing so many animals. We saw dolphins and pelicans in the ocean, and there were also little baby crabs running around in the sand.  The dogs tried to eat them and we found them in our bags at the house, but they were really cute. 

The best animals were Maggie and Reese (Aunt Kristen and Uncle Robert's lab). They swam all day long. We spent the entire day throwing their toys in the pool and they would jump in and fetch the toy and we would do it all over again. They are so easily entertained....it takes so much more to entertain me :)   Daddy did a lot of the entertaining, as he would swim me around the pool making motor boat sounds, and making funny faces. I love it!  It was so fun to be with the whole family for an entire week - especially because Mommy went back to work 3 weeks ago.

So I bet you are wondering how big I am since I haven't written in a while. I am about 16 pounds and 25.5 inches long. I am getting so big and I actually started growing more real hair. Mommy says I may be able to wear a pretty bow in a couple of months. I am still just eating oatmeal, but I get to start trying vegetables this week. I will let you know how that goes next week, but by the looks of the green mush they say they are going to give me, I don't think I will like it. My other big news is that I can sit by myself. I can't sit for very long, but I can sit for a minute. I like being able to sit on my own and look around and play with my toys. It is so much more fun than laying on my back. I am going to keep practicing so I can sit up for a long time all by myself. 

Well, tomorrow it is back to work for Mommy and Daddy so I get to spend the day with Grandma Bruce. Then I get to spend Wed. and Thursday with Grammy. Aren't I lucky to have my Grandma's taking care of me?!

Talk to you soon!

Love,

Jordan


1 comment: