Sunday, July 19, 2009

You will not believe this...


Happy 4th of July. I love the American flag - it tastes so good!
Gross - carrots. 
Mommy and me having fun just before she dunked me :)
Is this a joke??? Let's be serious here - this is what I look like under the water. You see, Grandpa got this cool new underwater camera and so Daddy thought it would be cool to see what I look like under water. Now, I don't mind going under water, so this wasn't too big of a deal, but look what my face looks like....does this look like someone who enjoys being under water??? You will be happy to know I was smiling immediately following this photograph, so my Mommy and Daddy are not mean, despite this picture. 

So this past week was a big one for me. First, I finally got to eat something other than oatmeal. I ate Green Beans, Carrots, and Sweet Potatoes. Guess which one I liked best? You guessed it, sweet potatoes. They look like carrots, but taste so much better. I am not sure who invented green beans, but they must not have good taste. Those things are nasty. I don't want to eat anything green ever again, but Mommy and Daddy say I have to at least try everything twice, so it looks like they are back on the list this week. Bummer. I also heard prunes and peas and bananas may also be on the list. I'll let you know next week how they go.

Guess what....I am 6 months old! Mommy and Daddy say that is a pretty big deal. They can't believe I am already so old. I don't feel any older than I did last week, but I guess I am older. You will all be happy to know I had a great 6 month check up. I am 6 lbs 12oz (50%) and 26 in long (65%), my head is still the big winner coming in at 75%. The Dr. says that it is just making room for my big brains. :) Now that I am 6 months, I can do so many new things. I love to roll over and sit up all by myself. I also really love to laugh. I can do this thing with my tongue where I stick it out and spit on everyone. Grandma says that is called a Raspberry. I love doing it and think I am pretty hilarious. It is even more funny when other people do it. I will do it back and forth all night long and just laugh and laugh. I also LOVE Maggie. Apparently she has been around for the past 6 months but I am just now noticing her. She is funny too. I blow a raspberry at her and she just licks my face. I also learned this game called Peek-A-Boo. It is super funny. I am always so shocked to see Mommy is still there under the blanket.  We play this game a lot, but it never gets old. 

Well, it is past my bedtime (did I mention I sleep from 8pm to 8am now???) so I better get to sleep. I have to rest up for my big day with Grandma tomorrow. Talk to you all later.

Love
Jordan

1 comment:

Brittni, Josh & Griffin said...

oh my goodness - Jordan you are so brave going under water! That's a great (and by great I think I mean scary) picture of you!