Monday, October 24, 2011

Peyton's Baptism

Yesterday I was baptized at Crossroads Church. It is the same church my Big Sister got baptized in last year. During the ceremony Mommy and Daddy had to pick a word to describe me and they picked "Strong." Daddy told the minister he picked that word because I have been so strong against some incredible odds (scary pre-natel tests, arriving a month early, being such a small baby, etc.) and because I have to be pretty strong to keep up with my big sister. I think Strong is a good word for me...I may be small, but I am very strong! I had a ton of supporters there to watch me get baptized. Both sets of grandparents, my Aunt KK, Uncle Bob and Sophia and even my great Aunt and Uncle Diane and Dennis and my second cousins Jarrod and Nathan. That made me feel very special to have them all there. It also made for a fun party at our house afterwards.

Here I am being baptized. The whole church LOVED my sparkly shoes. I guess the light hit them just perfectly.
Family picture after I was baptized.
My pretty face and my pretty dress.
Being baptized can really wear a girl out.
Jordan sang "Happy Baptism to Peyton" and helped me blow out my candle. 
Tummy time with Aunt KK in my pretty dress. She's helping me look in the mirror so I can see how pretty I am. :)

No comments: