Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jordan - 2 and a half update




Since Peyton got to get on the computer and give you her update, I want to do the same. I am officially 2 and a Half although if you ask me my age I will very confidently tell you "I'm 2!!!" I will then proceed to tell you my birthday is January 14th and I will be 3 on that day. I love Disney Princesses more than anything in this world. I love them so much that Ihave turned into a princess myself. I sing all of their songs and love to dress up like a princess. Cinderella is my favorite princess. I love her so much that I pretend to be her all of the time. I even play Cinderella with Daddy. He is the prince and I am Cinderella. We put on the music and dance and then the clock strikes midnight and I run away and leave my shoe. Daddy then shouts "but I don't even know your name..." and I turn around and yell "It's Cinderella" then Daddy tries on my shoe and it fits!

At 2 and a half, my other favorite things to do are: go on bear hunts with Daddy, read lots of books (though I have most of the words memorized), color (I am starting to really get good at staying in the lines), paint, play with play dough, cut with scissors, play in the sand box, go to the park and of course - swim!

I can talk like I am 5 years old both in my vocabulary but also in my ability to string together many thoughts and really never stop talking. I like to tell stories to Peyton and also to my babies and even just to myself. I have also become even more funny than I used to be. Today Mommy asked me how I liked my new purse and I replied "It's awesome!" Mommy didn't even know that I knew that word. She then asked me what I was going to do with all of my money ($0.86) and I said "I am going to buy whatever I want." She thought this was pretty funny but I don't know why.

According to Dr. Kluger I am officially 30 lbs and 36.5 inches tall. She says I am a very healthy 2.5 year old. The best part about my doctors visit was that I didn't have to get a shot and I still got my sticker and lollipop - 2 more of my favorite things.

I am loving my new role as Big Sister to Peyton. I have recently started getting into really wanting to help Mommy with taking care of her. I like to give her a bath and help feed her a bottle. I also really love being home with Mommy and Peyton all day long. I am starting preschool next week and am pretty excited about getting to be with my friends again, but I will have a hard time leaving Mommy too.

Love
Jordan

No comments: