Peyton - 1 Month. Peyton is fancy like me and likes pretty tutu's.
4 weeks and wide awake!
I can't believe I have been a big sister for a whole month now. It sure has gone by fast. Peyton still doesn't do too much but she has started to watch me play. I like showing her how to play with my toys. When she is a little bigger, Mommy says I can play with her more and I can't wait for that. I love playing with my friends and Mommy says Peyton will be my best friend!
Peyton finally hit the 6 pound mark the day before her 1 month birthday. She is really growing, but she still doesn't weigh as much as I did when I was born (6lbs. 5 oz). Peyton also graduated into the next size of clothing. She has about outgrown her preemie clothes and finally fits into her newborn clothes. I am excited about this because her preemie outfits fit my dolls perfectly so all of my babies just got a new wardrobe.
Peyton still is trying to learn how to nurse. Since she was a preemie this wasn't a skill she had at birth. At one month old, she is nursing a little bit but she isn't getting very much milk. She is actually burning more calories trying to nurse than she is consuming. Mommy has to pump everytime Peyton eats so Peyton has "Mommy Milk" to drink (about 8-9 times a day). Whenever Mommy pumps I like to check it out and make sure Mommy is pumping enough milk for Peyton.
I am also learning to pump on the swingset at the park. The other day I went to the park with Peyton and Mommy and I asked Mommy to help me pump on the swingset. She sits next to me and we put our feet in and out, in and out, in and out. While we were doing this I said, "Mommy now we are both pumping milk for Peyton!" Pretty funny - I guess there are 2 kinds of pumping - I had no idea :)
No comments:
Post a Comment