Friday, September 7, 2012

Big Trip to Estes Park!!!!

Wow - this is a big year for Bebop and PopPop. PopPop is turning 60 years old and it was also Bebop and PopPop's 35th Wedding Anniversary so we all went to Estes Park, CO to celebrate. We rented a cabin in the Estes Park, CO YMCA which was so awesome. We had beautiful views and a huge cabin and got to take advantage of a few of the YMCA activities like their awesome Craft Center. We hiked and hiked. I never knew that I even knew how to hike. Not many girls can hike in a dress, but I can. I even hiked 3 miles one day. Just enough for my age! We had a wonderful time with our cousins and BeBop and PopPop and saw some amazing animals and beautiful views. 

First view of the Rocky Mountains. Crazy we got a picture this good on the first try. 

Aren't the mountains beautiful? A rare picture of our little family. (and a good one at that)

We're on top of the world!!!!

I love Griffin and am pretty sure he loves me too :) Hugs on top of the world!

Being at 12,200 ft. makes Peyton sleeping. Taking a little nap with Bebop and PopPop. 

Babies on the shoulders! 

BeBop and PopPop at Nymph Lake

Peyton and Grace had the best seat in the house. No hiking 3 miles for them!

Daddy and I climbed a HUGE rock!

Crossing the bridge.

Daddy fishing....

Look....There it is Daddy!

See it????

Right there.

Daddy caught it. What a pretty trout. 

Everyone gets a little touch at the trout. 

Peyton and Grace cracking each other up.

I had to help Grace climb the big rocks (she didn't really need that much help - she is a good climber and a really tough girl)

ELK!

Elk right in front of our trail. Doesn't he look like one of Santa's reindeer?

Fairies hunting in the forrest. 

Pretty Peyton

Pretty family in front of the pretty mountains. 

Flower Girls!


Painting my mosaic treasure chest at the Craft Center. 

Giant Rainbow slide with Daddy and PopPop.

Bumper Cars with PopPop. So much fun. We went so fast. 

I couldn't wait to get on the bumper boats.....

Because I LOVE to get wet. Look how soaked I got! It was awesome!!! (just ask Aunt B how much fun she had?!)

Daddy and I getting ready for our race car ride. 

WOW - we went so fast. I think Daddy had more fun than I did.

Taking the lead!!!!

The babies with BeBop and PopPop!

Peyton and Daddy riding the horse.

BeBop hanging out with a giant Elk back at the YMCA.

Happy Anniversary BeBop and PopPop! We can't wait to celebrate PopPop's 60th birthday in a month. What a fun trip.

Beautiful sunset right from our balcony. 

No comments: