Sunday, June 12, 2011

Peyton's First 2 Weeks

Proud big sister holding Peyton

Wow - Life with a big sister sure is busy! We have been going non-stop since my little sister arrived so I haven't had a chance to write and tell you all what is going on with Peyton and I. Peyton's first week home from the hospital was AWESOME! Daddy stayed home from work all week long and I had so much fun playing with him. We went on bear hunts with our flash lights, played in my clubhouse outside, played in my princess swimming pool and ran through the sprinklers. It was so much fun. I wish every week could be like that with my whole family home with me.

Peyton was around too, but she just slept the entire week so I didn't notice her much. She is a very good little sister and just eats, sleeps and poops. She very rarely cries which is nice because then Mommy and Daddy have more time for me! Peyton had a doctors appointment when she was 5 days old and she was already past her birth weight. She was 4 lbs 9oz (10%), her head was 12 3/8 in (<5%) and her height was 17 1/4in (<5%). Mommy and Daddy were very proud that she was already past her birth weight. She is a good little eater and has about 1 oz to 1.5 oz every 3 hours.

It is very tiring being 1 week old.

Peyton's first restaurant - Zips - this is the same first restaurant that I went to after I was born. Peyton slept right through it.
I love helping Mommy and Daddy with Peyton. Her I am helping Peyton get her first bath at home. She didn't like the water as much as I did, but I kept telling her "It's ok Peyton"
Peyton in her crib with her "0 Month" shirt on. She is so tiny in the little corner of the crib.

Peyton finally "woke-up" in the middle of her 2nd week.

Peyton's second week home was fun and busy again. Daddy had to go back to work which I was very sad about, but Mommy, Peyton and I had some fun on our own. Mommy took both of us to the aquarium. It was Peyton's first time there and she slept the whole time. I don't know how she could sleep through such a fun place! Mommy was pretty brave to take us both out on her first day home alone with both of us, but we all had a blast and I was very well behaved which made it an easy outing. I had my last week at my little school and transfer to my big girl class this coming week. We had lots of fun my last few days at school, and Mommy even came in for breakfast and watched me do my work and sat with me during my morning meeting. She said she is so proud of me. I knew all of the words and the motions to every song in our morning meeting and I am definitely not shy about shouting out the words and answering the teachers questions. Mommy cried when she left because she can't believe how much I have grown since I started here at Terry's Montessori in just 1 year.

In the middle of Peyton's second week home, she opened her eyes. She had done this before but it was always very brief. This time she opened her eyes for long periods of time. I already love her when she is awake. I just talk and talk to her and she doesn't interrupt me or talk back. I started reading her stories when she is awake. I told Mommy that I think she has blue eyes, but Mommy isn't convinced just yet. At 2 weeks old, Peyton weighed 4 lbs 14oz and is getting very close to hitting the 5 lb. milestone!



I like playing in my playroom with Peyton, but it can get confusing because she is the same size as my dolls and fits perfectly inside my doll crib. Where's Peyton???


No comments: