Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Visit with my Great Grandpa and Gabby

Here I am in front of one of the famous Bridges of Madison County. We always have to get a picture here when we come to town.
Gabby, Mommy, Daddy and Maggie and I at the bridge. Doesn't Gabby look great?
You will never believe what I did....I climbed all the way up the inside of the slide. And it wasn't just any old slide.......
It was this slide! Isn't it huge? I started climbing and pretty soon I heard Mommy peeking in the bottom saying "I can't see her anymore" and then I heard Daddy peeking in the top and saying "I can't see her either." Gabby was just cracking up - how could they loose me in the slide? Anyway, sure enough I showed up at the top - and then I refused to slide down. I wanted to climb down the stairs instead.
Gabby and I at the park. Let me down - I want to go climb that slide again.
This is my Great Aunt Treva and I. We had a lot of fun. She let me color at her house while she was showing Mommy and Daddy computer stuff.
Here is my Great Grandpa Lee. He is turning 90 years old in 2 weeks. Doesn't he look great?! He said the secret to getting to 90 is reaching 89 first. He is still pretty witty.


I just got back from a big trip to Winterset, Iowa to see my great grandparents and Park Rapids, Minnesota to hang out with my extended family at the cabin (more to come on this one in a later post). I had a lot of fun seeing Great Grandpa Lee and Gabby. We got to hang out and even got to go to the park. I love them both so much and wish we lived closer so we could see them more often. 10 hours in the car is a long time for me to sit still, but I did a great job. Mommy and Daddy were totally shocked. They only had to pull the DVD player out once because it was 9:00pm and I still wasn't asleep. I watched the AristoCats - my favorite. I just love "Meows".

Well, I have a ton of pictures from our trip to the cabin so I will have to post those later. I am getting sleepy and have a big day tomorrow. It is my first day of real school. I have just been going to summer school until now, but the real year is starting tomorrow so I am excited to see my old friends and continue learning new things so I can keep surprising Mommy and Daddy with all of my knowledge.



No comments: